Caregivers must be their child’s personal lifeguard and actively supervise 10 & under.
Actively supervised means:
For 5 & Under caregiver 16+ must be in the pool within arm’s reach.
For 6 – 10 yr olds caregiver 16+ must be able to provide immediate assistance; watching at all times and at a close distance where you can see, hear and be heard by your child.
Parent to child ratios
Our aquatic facilities have adult to child ratios that are in place for the number of children one adult can actively supervise.
Please ensure when you visit us your group abides by these ratios:
- Any additional children will require an extra caregiver 16 years and older.
- Any caregiver required to meet the child supervision ratio criteria cannot be sold any additional services that will detract them from being able to supervise their child, e.g. spa, sauna, steam or massage.
- Likewise, a hydroslide pass can only be sold to the caregiver if the children in their care are also obtaining a hydroslide pass.
From August 31, we will be issuing our new supervision wristbands when you arrive at the pool:
- Children 5 & Under plus their caregiver must be wearing a red wrist band (unless child is 12mths & under).
- Children 10 & Under must be wearing a yellow wrist band.
These bands will be issued on arrival so that your children are easily identified by our lifeguards.
BaySwim families will be issued with reusable silicon bands for children to wear during their lessons and while in the venue before or afterwards.
By entering a Bay Venues aquatic facility you are agreeing to follow these rules and any instructions from facility staff:
- Shower before bathing
- Wash hands thoroughly after using the toilet
- Use facilities to dress
- Toddlers must use aqua nappies
- Use tables for food and drink (keep away from pools)
Standard swim wear and aqua tops/bottoms must be worn in the pool (chlorine resistant swim wear recommended). No underwear, boxers, singlets, shirts, heavy shorts or trousers are permitted in the pool.
We recommend the removal of jewellery before entering the pool.
No running, pushing, bombs, antisocial behaviour, smoking, alcohol/drugs are permitted
Approval is needed from staff before taking video or photos
Pools may be closed at any time for safety reasons
Vacate pools 15 minutes before closure time
Mobility facilities are for those who genuinely require them
Do not enter any pool for at least 14 days after having diarrhoea
Regular water intake strongly recommended due to pool temperatures